You are not logged in.

#26 2010-12-13 21:15:57

hokasch

Re: Problem Installing the Graphical environment

You can open the file in question easily from the commandline with nano, it will even count the lines.
There is no way of "getting the graphical environment first", and if this is an issue you will not have much fun with arch.

#27 2010-12-13 21:17:24

kcirick

@sepuku

I know you are frustrated, and I know that what some people are pointing out is not helping you, but trust me, you will learn so much more by struggling than just posting a problem on a forum and someone fixing the problem for you. Been there, done that

If you are still having problem getting X to work, you might want to consider reinstalling Arch. I'm assuming you haven't done much to your system other than trying to get X to run. Since your problem seems to be the conflict with old packages you've installed, might as well start from scratch, no?

#28 2010-12-13 21:26:10

hokasch

kcirick, in case this problems results from not merging the new config file for pacman 3.4 (post #21), reinstalling wouldn't really make a difference after the first system update.

#29 2010-12-13 21:26:20

sepuku

kcirick wrote:

@sepuku

I know you are frustrated, and I know that what some people are pointing out is not helping you, but trust me, you will learn so much more by struggling than just posting a problem on a forum and someone fixing the problem for you. Been there, done that

If you are still having problem getting X to work, you might want to consider reinstalling Arch. I'm assuming you haven't done much to your system other than trying to get X to run. Since your problem seems to be the conflict with old packages you've installed, might as well start from scratch, no?

Well i thought reinstalling already but yesterday my laptop fell (bad day tongue)and the cd drive won't open!And am trying to create a usb flash bootable for arch but the deafault program of ubuntu for this stuff won't let me use an iso  different from the ubuntu iso.

Last edited by sepuku (2010-12-13 21:47:24)

#30 2010-12-13 22:09:41

thestinger
Package Maintainer (PM)

sepuku wrote:
kcirick wrote:

@sepuku

Well i thought reinstalling already but yesterday my laptop fell (bad day tongue)and the cd drive won't open!And am trying to create a usb flash bootable for arch but the deafault program of ubuntu for this stuff won't let me use an iso  different from the ubuntu iso.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … lash_drive

#31 2011-03-12 14:11:47

sepuku

OK this might sound silly but after a lot of attempts i managed to install arch properly and the graphical environment!I installed the nvidia driver!The only thing i needed after installing the nvidia driver was to reboot my system so that all changes were aplied properly!That was all! tongue

Board footer