You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-13 23:15:18

mollison

claws-mail Python not working

I have two problems with the claws-mail Python plugin.

Problem 1

I just updated a lot of packages on my machine; hadn't updated since before the python2 to python3 switch. When I start claws-mail, I now get this message in the terminal:

RuntimeError: could not find _PyGtk_API object Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 1, in <module> NameError: name 'clawsmail' is not defined

clawsmail is the name of the object that you normally use when you write a Python script using the Python plugin, and indeed, my scripts now fail and complain that 'clawsmail' is not defined (if I run them manually in the Python console; otherwise, they just fail silently).

This might be related to the python2 to python3 switch, but not really sure. Anybody have any idea?

BTW, I got the plugin by installing the claws-mail-extra-plugins package.

Problem 2

As part of trying to resolve Problem 1, I did try building the plugin myself from the source available online, which I have done successfully at some point in the past, but now it's giving an error. I suspect this is a different problem than the one above. However, could somebody confirm whether or not you also get the error? ./configure works fine; the following is produced when I run ./make:

composewindowtype.c: In function 'ComposeWindow_dealloc':
composewindowtype.c:45:7: error: 'clawsmail_ComposeWindowObject' has no member named 'ob_type'

Last edited by mollison (2010-12-14 06:55:57)

Board footer