You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-16 01:18:17

ctarwater

[solved-ish] Galax usb touchscreen (0eef:0001) Anyone have it working?

After 3 days of this I'm getting a bit burnt out.  Sigh.

Daughter's eee 701 has an eGalax touchscreen, I updated recently and now I'm going crazy after trying to get it working again.

Ok, after a fresh install, with no special drivers installed (egalax or evtouch) it was detected but the axis were inverted and needed to be calibrated.  The very first boot showed the xorg log listing it as "evdev touchscreen catchall".  Cool.  So I run the calibration program (xinput_calibrator) and plug those numbers in and reboot.  Now the cursor becomes unresponsive as if 2 people are fighting over it.  Or it sticks.  And the xorg log shows it listed as "evdev pointer catchall" and "tablet catchall" but the touchscreen catchall is not listed anymore.

I removed the configs and rebooted, hoping that would fix it.

According to google, a lot of people are experiencing issues with this. 

xinput lists the device twice.  Identical name and 2 separate ids. 

I tried using evtouch and the egalax beta driver (for xorg 1.9) before I reinstalled everything earlier.  Same issue.

So, I know other people around here are using this touchscreen, does anyone have it working correctly?

Thanks.  Shit.  It's 4am over here, time for bed.

-----------------------------------------------

**update**

using the konnichi.com repo at 2010/11/01 fixed the problem so that the touchscreen works out of the box after installing xf86-input-evtouch from the AUR and running the calibration script.

Not sure if it's the older kernel or xorg that fixes it, don't really have to time to look into it right now.

Last edited by ctarwater (2010-12-16 15:14:19)

#2 2017-10-15 23:05:51

dalaex

Re: [solved-ish] Galax usb touchscreen (0eef:0001) Anyone have it working?

I have the exact save touchscreen (0eef:0001).  Worked out of the box, except axes were messed up.  Discovered I had to run xinput_calibrator TWICE, and then it worked like a champ, but not after a reboot.  After some messing around, my solution was this:

- Run xinput_calibrator (1st time), and follow the instructions to make it permanent (edit/create /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf) and add the Section it asked me to.

- Run xinput_calibrator (2nd time), and append the Section it asked me to AFTER the first one.

So my 99-calibration.conf has TWO Sections, in the order ran.  Thus far it's working great!  Hope this helps.

-Matt

#3 2017-10-16 07:38:57

seth

Dude, you're answering to a SEVEN YEARS OLD post ...

#4 2017-10-16 15:54:01

ewaller
Administrator

dalaex, Welcome to the Arch Linux forums.  Your post is relevant, but as seth points out, this thread is a bit long in the tooth.  I will use this opportunity to close this old thread.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer