You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-17 14:21:32

aranimas

Plays no sound

I have strange problem, I've made some kind of HTPC ( mini-ITX board + soundcard Asus Xonar D1) . I've installed only the base system (without X and so ) and MPD. Then I've disabled the onboard soundcard (HD intel based). Everything seemed to be fine: Xonar D1 is detected, MPD started without any errors, any MPD client is able to connect form any PC and is able to start playing, but no sound is comming out of the soundcard. I tried almost everything: alsaconf, alsactl, unmuting all channels, alsamixer is working fine. I also tried another player ( moc and cmus ) with same result: music is playing, but no sound is comming out, even if i tried to adjust volume with alsamixer on every channel. With the integrated soundcard everything works fine and when i tried to put Asus Xonar D1 to my other computer with Arch64 installed, it worked without any additional settings.

#2 2010-12-19 01:02:00

lagagnon
Website

Re: Plays no sound

I wonder if the Intel sound card is still interfering and being chosen as the default card. Try blacklisting the Intel sound modules in your /etc/rc.conf file.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2010-12-19 12:08:24

aranimas

I've tried it, but it had no effect.

#4 2010-12-19 12:34:24

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

Have you read about alsa in wiki?

Mr Green

#5 2010-12-19 18:53:57

aranimas

Yes, I did. The problem is, that everything seems to be working wihout any errors.

#6 2010-12-21 02:19:45

sullivanva

aranimas wrote:

I've tried it, but it had no effect.

I have the Dell with the Intel hardware sound issue.  I was using this:

MODULES=(snd-emu10k1 !snd_hda_intel !snd_pcsp)

Now it has no effect.  Not only that, but when I run alsaconf, my emu10k is missing and it gives me:

hda-intel     Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller 
hda-intel     ATI Technologies Inc RV620 Audio device [Radeon HD 34xx Ser
legacy        Probe legacy ISA (non-PnP) chips

I selected ATI, played with alsamixer, and I have sound, but not as much.  I have PCM all the way up, as well as Surround.

The /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf did not change after running alsaconf.

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel

Personally, I'd like to get my card recognition working.

--HAPS

#7 2011-01-07 10:11:58

aranimas

The problem was caused by the PCI riser card ( with cable ), despite my soundcard was recognized, and the cable was OK (I've checked it) it was not working, so I've replaced the riser card and now is everything working.

Board footer