You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-18 21:09:42

Xi0N
Website

GDM: How to display it in the first screen (Dual monitors)

I have a PCI Express video card which i use for video-output for two screens.

The hing is that when i boot the system up, and gnome gives me the choice for selecting the user and so (GDM), this appears in the secondary screen, which is most of the time switched off.....

Lets say, like i have two screens: Left one and right one: The left one is the one that has the gnome menus, the system tray of the apps, and the right one is the one i move the apps once opened for watching in a bigger screen (it's a tv): This right screen is the one that displays the GDM.... Is there any setting where i can say GDM to appear in the left screen instead?

I hope i made myself clear...

Thanks!!!

#2 2010-12-19 09:16:19

meop

Re: GDM: How to display it in the first screen (Dual monitors)

I think that GDM currently decides which monitor it shows up on by where the mouse is, and X starts the mouse exactly in the horizontal center of the full span of the two monitors.. so GDM shows up on the monitor with a wider resolution if they differ, because it contains the center point.

On other forums, some people say that when X starts, you can move the mouse over to the monitor you want quickly before GDM starts and it will show up there.. someone else said that you can move the mouse, click on the monitor you want, hit enter, and the GDM window moves there. I haven't tested either suggestion yet, but I have exactly what you're describing happen to my monitors at work.. it just doesn't bother me because I keep them both on at once smile

I don't know of a setting to tell X to start the mouse to the left or right, or to tell GDM which monitor to display on.

Board footer