You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-19 00:39:55

QX

Cannot get buttons working with the Logitech M500

Recently bought a M500 to replace my trusty MX Revolution since they are unfortunately not sold any long. I had the Middle mouse button bound to another mouse button (the MX Revolution has some unconventional bindings to begin with) using a custom xmodmap (or so I thought). I read into it a bit, and apparently I've been using the evdev driver and I cannot use both evdev and an xmodmap.

I cannot remember how I otherwise remapped a button, but that's beside the point. Even when I attempted to configure the M500 using set point on windows, I cannot get the proper middle mouse button to be recognized in any applications, much less figure out how to remap it to one of the working buttons.

Any help? I'm not sure what other relevent information to provide, so I will provide whatever is requested.

Thanks!

#2 2010-12-19 00:58:19

lagagnon
Website

Re: Cannot get buttons working with the Logitech M500

Did you read the wiki article on binding mouse buttons? - I believe all the info you need is there:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ge … ns_Working

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2010-12-19 02:32:33

QX

Re: Cannot get buttons working with the Logitech M500

That's the first place I went.

Unfortunately, it doesn't detail how to get bind mouse buttons to other mouse buttons, nor did the instructions apply to the M500. It seems to have some special proceedures for getting the middle mouse button working properly. Is there a setpoint alternative that anyone is aware off?

Board footer