You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-19 23:37:37

kleofas

Kopete problem after upgrading KDE

Hi everybody!

I've recently upgraded KDE (last week, from 4.5.3 to 4.5.4) and now I have problems with Kopete, my IM client. Whenever I try to open a chat window I get an error msgbox saying that there has been and error while creating the window and it will not be opened. I've tracked down some debug messages when running Kopete from xterm:

kopete(26900)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry: doesn't know "/home/kleofas/dokumenty/Baza/kontakty" 
kopete(26900)/kdecore (KLibrary) kde4Factory: The library "/usr/lib/kde4/kopete_emailwindow.so" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function.
kopete(26900)/kdecore (KLibrary) kde3Factory: The library "/usr/lib/kde4/kopete_emailwindow.so" does not offer an "init_kopete_emailwindow" function.
kopete(26900)/kdecore (KLibrary) kde4Factory: The library "/usr/lib/kde4/kopete_history.so" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function.
kopete(26900)/kdecore (KLibrary) kde3Factory: The library "/usr/lib/kde4/kopete_history.so" does not offer an "init_kopete_history" function.
kopete(26900)/kdecore (KLibrary) kde4Factory: The library "/usr/lib/kde4/kopete_chatwindow.so" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function.
kopete(26900)/kdecore (KLibrary) kde3Factory: The library "/usr/lib/kde4/kopete_chatwindow.so" does not offer an "init_kopete_chatwindow" function.
Object::connect: No such slot GaduAccount::search()
kopete(26900)/libkopete Kopete::PluginManager::loadPluginInternal: Unable to find a plugin named ' "" '! 
QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method KopeteApplication::loadCommandLineOptionsForNewInstance()

I can't seem to resolve this on my own. I've tried to do some research on it, but all advices failed for me. Am I missing some packages? Kopete_chatwindow.so belongs to kdenetwork-kopete and it's up to date, as well as other kde and kdepim stuff. My solution for now is to revert to 1-version older KDE.

I use x86_64 Arch.

Another issue I'm on now is that I can't shutdown, reboot, logout or do anything to get out from KDE. I can do it from gnome, lxde, openbox, blackbox, anything, but not from KDE. I can't even logout from a fresh created user. Rather weird. Found some info that installing speex may help. It didn't help me, though. My solution for now is to shutdown -h now from xterm after doing su...

EDIT: I solved the logout issue by selecting MPlayer Phonon backend. Xine seems to be broken, GStreamer repeats every sound over and over and VLC plays every sound twice (SIC!). Mplayer on the other hand maximizes the main volume level on each sound... It's the least bad one, I think.

I kind of got used to not getting any feedback here tongue . Seriously? Nobody know what might happen to me with Kopete?

Last edited by kleofas (2010-12-20 12:27:56)

Board footer