You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-31 06:33:48

TWILisawesome

Synaptics Settings not changing.

I have the xf86-inpu-synaptics and libsynaptics packages installed.  When I make changes to my 10-synaptics.conf file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d), the changes are not implemented.  Before I installed synaptics, the only "Special" thing I could do was vertical scrolling.  However, after installing/configuring synaptics, nothing changed.  I still had the vertical scrolling, but i also wanted tap to click, and horizontal scrolling.  I also noticed that if I click on something in a web browser, it will sometimes open it in a new tab instead of the default tab, but if I kept my finger on the touchpad and clicked, it always stayed in the same tab.  There are also some wierd things happening when I right click in other applications.  Example: When I tried copying the code below, i clicked on the beginning and dragged my finger, and I picked my finger up to select more of the text, but as soon as i picked up my finger, it copied the selected text in the file.  Here is exactly what my 10-synaptics file says:

Section "InputClass"
      Identifier "touchpad catchall"
      Driver "synaptics"
      MatchIsTouchpad "on"
      MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
             Option "TapButton1" "1"
             Option "TapButton2" "2"
             Option "TapButton3" "3"
             Option "VertEdgeScroll" "on"
             Option "HorizEdgeScroll" "on"
EndSection

I have a logitech mouse attached and it works perfectly.  So how can I enable the specified customizations and get rid of that annoying mouse button thing?  Thanks for your help!

Last edited by TWILisawesome (2010-12-31 07:31:52)

#2 2010-12-31 06:37:27

MadTux

Re: Synaptics Settings not changing.

You did restart the X server after applying the configurations, did you?

#3 2010-12-31 07:30:17

TWILisawesome

Re: Synaptics Settings not changing.

I did, but restarted to make sure, and the right-click issue was solved, kinda strange...

The tap-to-click and horizontal scroll still do not work.  I did notice that tap-to-click does work in the login screen.

Last edited by TWILisawesome (2010-12-31 07:30:59)

Board footer