You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-01 03:06:58

tjbp

Oblivion under Wine dropped from ~40fps to <1fps after update

I tried playing Oblivion yesterday for the first time since November 18th (according to my last game save), and the fps has dropped to a ridiculously low rate. The last time I'd played the game, it had been running great.

I've tried rolling back some software to what I know has run fine with Oblivion before, which includes wine 1.3.7 and the proprietary nvidia drivers (256.53) along with the matching nvidia-utils and lib32-nvidia-utils. I had been running the beta nvidia packages in the AUR on November 18th, but the latest version of that does not solve the problem. In order to get the 256.53 nvidia drivers running I had to roll back the kernel to 2.6.35, and that had no effect. I also tried rolling back winetricks to 20101222.

I thought it might be a bad installation at first, but I've since bought the GOTY version on Steam, and that has exactly the same problem as my retail disc from 2005/6's installation.

Here is the output of "$ cat /var/log/pacman.log | grep upgraded" if anyone would be kind enough to browse through to make some suggestions of possible problem upgrades. I'm fairly sure something in there might be the culprit, but obviously any other suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by tjbp (2011-01-01 03:09:10)

Board footer