You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-02 23:08:24

dcbdbis

[SOLVED] Request Assistance: System Wide Sound Equalizer

Good Afternoon Arch community,

Now that I've got Arch up and running....I have one more need. I'm older, and a grenade took out most of the hearing in my left ear. I need a system wide equalizer to program in my hearing loss.

Please forgive me, but in Ubuntu they have just such a thing. It's for pulse audio and I didn't find anything like it in the repos. Neither did I find similar like posts in the forums.

It's available for both Ubuntu and Fedora.

Here is one link that explains what I'm after: 
http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/ … lucid-lynx

I know this is possible in Arch.....but I'm not really up on sound configs and stuff.

I do know how to create the /etc/asound config file to route all of also through pulse......Now I just need to make this EQ work.

If anyone can help me get this installed and working, I'd surely appreciate it!

BTW: I can and do use the built in equalizers in VLC and the like. But that doesn't help me when I'm watching youtube, and other stuff in flash.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave

Last edited by dcbdbis (2011-01-02 23:13:30)

#2 2011-01-02 23:14:13

dcbdbis

Re: [SOLVED] Request Assistance: System Wide Sound Equalizer

<blushes>

As soon as I exhausted the search in the canonical repositories, I realized that I had not searched in the AUR......And in the AUR it was........

My apologies....

Dave

#3 2011-01-03 15:44:05

stqn
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Request Assistance: System Wide Sound Equalizer

For what it's worth, you got me searching for something similar for ALSA and it looks like there is alsaequal.

Jamin has a much more precise equaliser (1024-bands), but it involves setting up Jack and all sorts of complicated things apparently smile.

Board footer