You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-03 00:01:29

Gullible Jones

Distorted icons in Fluxbox-git title bars and task bar

I switched from Openbox to Fluxbox-git, largely because OB's XML based configuration annoys me. So far so good; the new window manager is much easier to configure.

However, there seems to be a problem with icon rendering in the task bar and window title bars. Icons look like larger images that have been compressed - pixels are missing in some places, colors are off, curved lines are jagged. I'm not sure but I think Fluxbox may be using incorrect icon sizes by default, and then compressing the icons down to the appropriate size, resulting in quality loss.

Is this problem known? Is it anything I can patch, or otherwise fix without too much trouble?

(Also FWIW, the icons in the system tray look absolutely normal; whatever bug is affecting the other icons isn't affecting them.)

#2 2011-01-03 01:53:42

BaconPie

Re: Distorted icons in Fluxbox-git title bars and task bar

I know this isn't helping but I too have this problem. My task bar is too small for me to notice though so while I don't actually notice it enough to do anything about, I know it's there.

Also, finally! I thought I was the only Fluxbox user! tongue

Actually, if it's like this then I don't have the same problem. I'm using the standard install (pacman -S fluxbox) version.

Last edited by BaconPie (2011-01-03 01:55:07)

#3 2011-01-03 02:13:23

Gullible Jones

Re: Distorted icons in Fluxbox-git title bars and task bar

Nope not that problem. The background isn't opaque, the icons are just deformed.

Board footer