You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-26 02:29:49

grail

gnome background issues

I recently upgraded to gnome 2.10 and after some hassles all seems to be working fine now. 1 remaining issues is that when I start X (exec gnome-session) it all loads as expected but no background image is loaded. I can then go to the 'Desktop Backgrounds' menu and it will load whatever is the defualt and all is fine. But when I next boot I have no background again. I have tried saving the session on exit but to no effect.

#2 2005-03-27 10:58:23

grail

Re: gnome background issues

So for the 30+ people that have viewed this post no one has any ideas? No wonder this forum seems slow these days wink

#3 2005-03-27 11:14:54

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: gnome background issues

*shrug*
Or people aren't able to duplicate the problem.
Have you tried creating another user and seeing if that new user has the same issue. It could be that the .gnome files had some inconsistency from the old version to the new..since you upgraded. Maybe a config file is causing a problem...

other than that, I have no clue at all...

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer