You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-04 14:38:58

kaddy

Keyboard fails to work after installation

Hey Archers

first of all.... I have installed ArchLinux many times and I am quite familiar with the System.... But I can't work this one out......... last resort smile
I already have Arch installed on 1 hard drive and never had any problems.......

I am trying to install a Fresh copy of Arch on my 2nd hard drive but after the installation of the base system, I reboot and no usb devices are loaded. Therefore I cannot use
my keyboard to continue configuring my System..... Now, I have ruled out several things after several tests........

It is NOT my bios settings....  arch works on my other drive
it is NOT the Arch Disc... It is the same disc I used for my first installation.... plus I have a 2nd copy which I tried and the exact same problem occurs
it is NOT due to a missing driver/package from the base/base-devel......    never had a problem before with the exact same hardware... plus I tried installing All base/base-devel packages to make sure it wasn't that too..... same problem

it is NOT my rc.conf file.... I have even tried replacing it with the working system's rc.conf file and the same issue persists

Now.... I might mention that when the new installation is booted... I have noticed an error msg along the lines of    "module dependencies"     FAIL

I have tried reinstalling about 5 times with both discs and I get the same problems

I did noticed a couple times during installation that the installer complained about "block devices" and "failed to load filesystem" But I re wiped the drive and installed again and didn't get this error again........... but it seems suss

My only thought is that perhaps this particular harddrive is on it's way out........ And I may have to try the installation on my current hard drive.... although I'm not too keen unless it is a last resort.... But I wanted to hear other peoples suggestions before I proceed and wipe my working installation of Arch to reinstall it on the current hard drive......... any ideas???

cheers guy's n gals
look foreward to any suggestions
cheers

kaddy

#2 2011-01-04 14:52:47

skunktrader

Re: Keyboard fails to work after installation

Check /etc/mkinitcpio.conf to see if usb / usbinput are included in the HOOKS

Board footer