You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-07 05:23:36

newnooby

Can one save changes in frugal install of archiso-live.iso

I did a simple frugal install on a dualbooted Acer D250 with Win7 and Fluppy Linux and now Archiso-live on it.

My menu.lst look like this

title fluppy008w flp-008 with WINE Spotify
  find --set-root --ignore-floppies /fluppy008w/initrd.gz
  kernel /fluppy008w/vmlinuz pmedia=atahd psubdir=fluppy008w  video=640x480
  initrd /fluppy008w/initrd.gz

title Archiso-live
  root   (hd0,2)
  kernel /archiso/boot/vmlinuz rootdelay=8 from=/dev/sda3/ elevator=deadline locale=en_SE.UTF-8 keymap=se session=xfce load=overlay
  initrd /archiso/boot/initrd.img

As you see I have placed to two folders from the iso on my sda3 partition. it is an NTFS formatted such.
So I made a subdir named archiso and in that one I placed boot so it would not compete with a boot subdir for Ubuntu

And the dir archiso-live II place next to it. and I changed the recommended menu.lst as above so it reached the vmlinuz and initread from boot inside dir archiso I tried to tell it to use Swedish but failed so need help with that code.

Now my main question. How do I set up so it save changes within a save-file on sda3?

It boots just great and I get internet and looks cool and it stream audio and TV too so that is all great but I don't reach my music files on the Sda3 and that could be due to me not logged in as root?

Where does one do such? Terminal? Is it

root Archlinux

or is it

root archlinux

I guess you guys tell me to read wiki but I drown in so much text I ahve a kind of ADHD that give up when it is much to red through

Last edited by newnooby (2011-01-07 05:28:03)

Aopen XcCubeMini MZ915 Frugal install Linux distros

#2 2011-01-07 20:42:18

newnooby

Re: Can one save changes in frugal install of archiso-live.iso

I know a bit more now but still a long way to go.

I click on Terminal then write su root and it does not ask for any password.

Then I write thunar and it open that file browser. Then I go to sda3 and have to change permissions there so I can look at the pictures but when I ask VLC to play a music file like mp4 then it say that VLC is not supposed to work under root.

But how else to get access to the NTFS sda3 if I am not in root.

What am I supposed to do now to play all those music video files?

I also need to find out how to set up iptables properly.

And to save changes.

Last edited by newnooby (2011-01-07 20:43:06)

Aopen XcCubeMini MZ915 Frugal install Linux distros

Board footer