You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-10 21:05:19

mikro

Strange connection / sync issues with Chromium

Hi,

even when I consider myself as power user and programmer in the same time, I can't help myself other than put it here, in Newbie forum, because I've got really strange problem and I want to be sure I'm not totally insane. Basically, about 1 month ago, I noticed Chromium started to behave really unreliably.

My typical working scenario is to start Chromium + Gmail and have it in the background all the time. This stopped to work. Chromium after some while (about an hour or two) reports communication problems in Google Talk and later, even in GMail itself (can't click on anything, just "working", "still working..." etc). Sometimes it goes as far as not being able to use whole google.com! Funny thing is other sites (in the same browser instance) work absolutely perfect. Reload, closing tab, manual sign out doesn't help very much, the safest thing is to close whole browser and restart it. But this holds maybe for another hour. In Firefox everything works as it should.

My main suspect is the fact I use Chrome at work (Kubuntu package from Google) and Chromium at home (as there's no official Chrome build and those from AUR seem outdated/not maintained) and all settings / bookmarks are synchronized.

Is there anyone with similar problems? Or, is there anyone who uses Chrome+Chromium+synchronization? Closest I found is this: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=110889 but this seems like network problem.

Board footer