You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-10 22:53:46

belteshazzar294

USB issues

Hi, got no response for this in the "Multimedia" forum, hoping someone here can help me.

My mp3 player, a 2GB Sansa Express (basically a USB flash drive with a headphone jack), automounts as a filesystem when I connect it to my computer, and works fine. I'm just missing one piece of functionality: I can't find any way to check the battery charge. And since the only time I plug it in is when it needs charging, I would really like to be able to. Any advice at all about how to do so would be appreciated.

(For comparison, in Windows, which I just got rid of two weeks ago (pardon my n00bitude), the battery charge displays in the 'Properties' dialog.)

EDIT: made the post title more general to hopefully get a wider range of views. seriously, though, integrated batteries in USB devices are fairly common, and they all have sensors. so why can't I find any documentation on how to access this data? and why am I looking for it at all when it should be built-in?

Last edited by belteshazzar294 (2011-01-11 03:10:51)

#2 2011-01-11 08:37:23

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: USB issues

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … ss-Posting

If there's no answer, there's no answer. Don't break the rules just so you can get a quicker reply.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer