You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-11 22:52:30

cubeist

[Solved] Strange ATI graphic corruption - sticky text and menus

I've googled and searched forums but I can't find anyone else with this strange problem, and there are no bug reports, so I assume there is probably a driconf or xorg setting that will fix this.

There are two ways this presents itself (see attached images). First if I highlight text, then drag the highlighted text, and release, the text ghosts itself above the highlight.  If I reselect the text, the ghost clears.

Second, if I mouse through a contextual menu, they start sticking, and they stay stuck until I quit or force restart the program (nautilus, gimp, chrome, etc.) If I don't close the window these sticky menus are visible across multiple programs.

I am using xf86-video-at 6.13 and ati-dri 7.9.  I am currently using KMS without an xorg, but have tried disabling KMS and running with an xorg with lots of different options...nothing seems to make a difference (It has been this way for months!). No error messages are produced when this happens. My card is:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon HD 3600 Series (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

I haven't tried the catalyst driver, and I don't want to (last resort). I'd rather just have a working radeon driver.

Sticky Text

Sticky Menu

Any thoughts/comments/fixes greatly appreciated

Edit - Update 2011-02-02
The latest update from ati-dri 7.9 to ati-dri 7.10-1 has fixed this problem.

Last edited by cubeist (2011-02-02 21:48:22)

Board footer