You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-13 14:13:00

Gwyniveth

Covergloobus - no song playing **SOLVED**

Hi all smile

I have recently stumbled across Covergloobus and installed the latest version from the AUR. The problem I am having is that no matter what player I try ( have tried MPD <Sonata>, vlc, and now Banshee) Covergloobus does not appear to see my player as playing a song. Cover art stays blank, and when I ask it to show lyrics, it says "no song playing".  I have searched the net unsuccessfully for what I am doing wrong and have found nothing. It doesn't seem all that complicated, but ya well, for me it is tongue I have run covergloobus --debug and gotten no errors, I have installed gloobus-preview, and well, I am at a loss. I would really love to get this to work with Banshee. Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance smile

Last edited by Gwyniveth (2011-01-14 23:10:12)

#2 2011-01-13 16:43:22

Larsson

Re: Covergloobus - no song playing **SOLVED**

For mpd configuration to work correctly you also need to set the correct path to you music library (as configured in mpd).

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear." - A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)

#3 2011-01-13 16:50:29

Gwyniveth

I did that already too.. set it in banshee as well, still no luck sad

#4 2011-01-14 23:09:42

Gwyniveth

Problem solved :

Becasue I am not running a desktop environment (using openbox) dbus was not starting for Banshee.
Added this to my ~/.xinitrc file before my openbox session :

# D-Bus
 if which dbus-launch >/dev/null && test -z "$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS"; then
        eval "$(dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session)"
 fi

and Voila ! A beautiful, working covergloobus smile I am still really new at using linux so it takes me a while to figure this stuff out : )

Board footer