You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-15 10:03:56

rubenvb

KMix broken and 5.1 from my 3 stereo jacks

Hi,

I have recently installed Arch, which was only possible due to the great and up-to-date and correct and extensive wiki. Thank you for that. There's two audio issues I'm having currently:

I have installed kmix from the Arch repos, and I can adjust my volume settings, but I can't add or remove channels, preventing me from turning on my microphone.
Steps:
1. Open KMix
2. Settings-> set up channels
3. I get a list of available and visible channels, with no way to move the items from one list to another.

The second is that I don't know of a way to set the three stereo jacks to output 5.1 surround sound. In Windows, I could use the IDT Audio configuration screen to select the output channel for each jack, but in KDE, I haven't found a "replacement". Is this something app-specific (should I change settings in eg VLC) or is there some mixer magic needed?

Thanks!

#2 2011-04-14 13:26:07

rubenvb

Re: KMix broken and 5.1 from my 3 stereo jacks

This is still an issue for me. I do have updated info though.

The exact audio CODEC as reported by alsa-info.sh is IDT 92HD73C1X5.

The exact dumbed down problem is that the third stereo jack is not recognized as being able to also output, leaving me with two options: line in and mic in. Somehow the snd-hda-intel driver/module does not know about this feature.

I also tried every model listed in http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-ker … xt;hb=HEAD under 92HD73*, but the best of them only leave me with "4.0 analog output + stereo input" in the pulseaudio configuration, leaving me with 2 channels I can't access.

I posted a message on the alsa-users mailing list, and hope to get help soon. I need the 5.1 output!

Any help or deep alsa config tricks are very welcome. I'd really like this working.

#3 2011-04-15 11:02:59

rubenvb

Re: KMix broken and 5.1 from my 3 stereo jacks

I have found a stone-age bug report in the alsa bug tracker and added my relevant information.

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa- … hp?id=4546

Any pointers on getting this info to the right people and help them at fixing this would be much appreciated.

Board footer