You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-28 04:33:06

Poprocks

Netscape Communicator

This is going to sound really stupid and redundant, but.. has anyone succeeded in installing Netscape Communicator 4.80 on Arch Linux?  I want to install it for fun, for a bit of "nostalgia" (I put it in quotes because I haven't even been using Linux long enough to have used Netscape 4.x on Linux).

I know it's a steaming pile of crap, and it depends on some pretty ancient libraries (and symlinking doesn't seem to work) -- but I was just curious.

If anyone actually has done this, could they describe the methods used?  Thanks!

I take my Poprocks with Diet Pepsi

#2 2005-03-28 05:09:31

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Netscape Communicator

http://wp.netscape.com/download/archive … %20English

You likely need the linux kernel 2.2 libs.
have fun.
*wink*

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-03-29 02:17:05

Poprocks

Yay, I successfully installed it using an ugly hack!  If anyone wants the PKGBUILD and related files, I'll post them here smile

I take my Poprocks with Diet Pepsi

#4 2005-03-29 03:15:55

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

lol
yay!
big_smile

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer