You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-18 10:39:50

Jhael

Sound Issue

This problem has plagued me for quite a while now.

It started with MPD and Sonata - on track changing it was possible for it to glitch out. It starts to play a loud noise that only stops when an additional sound source is closed (a game, browser, anything). The noise is the same per song but different from song to song. A full mute does work on it fine though and that is the only possible option until the other source can be restarted because it really is so loud you can barely make out the games sound or music.

Also very fast switching between silence and music can happen when the other application is started. This will soon have a similar noise accompany it. This glitch only stops when the music is stopped. Don't have to restart the other application for this one. Also only happens when the music is playing when another sound-playing application is started. This however causes an instant previous issue when the music is started.

This forced me to ditch MPD and Sonata and use Deadbeef, which surprisingly did not have this problem, however, I had to switch due to some other issues. Now, Audacious, is having the same exact problem, as MPD did.

The fact that it didn't happen with Deadbeef might help in diagnosis a bit, but the problem does occur randomly so I might have just been lucky (for a long time). Also, I couldn't find anything noted in MPD's log when I used that and the problem occurred.

Currently forced to stick an MP3 player into the line-in...Not a solution I'd want to keep.

Any idea how to make this problem go away?

Last edited by Jhael (2011-01-20 01:03:54)

Board footer