You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-18 21:50:18

normal2
Website

USB Modem configuration

Hello!

I have a problem. It is quite simple, all I have done is installed Arch Linux. Oh no, I don't blame Arch Linux!
Anyway, i have managed to delete/disable/destroy (..) Windows 7 bootloader.
I would have repaired it already, but lets just say I am unable to do so until the next month.

I ran into some problems. First, I am using a USB Modem to surf the web and I have no other way of accessing the internet. At least not this week.
Second, I have a limit on the amount of data I can transfer.

I have searched the wiki and, ironically, I have to _download_ packages needed to control my USB Modem.
A package may need dependencies, dependencies are depended...

So, is there any other way?

I figured I could try downloading usbutils, usb_modeswitch and other packages I need from Windows XP, transferring them to Arch and then installing them from a flash drive, but on a year old .iso, I might need a full system upgrade, which I am not able to do. (Right now)

Thank you!

EDIT: Yeah, dependencies are needed for one of those packages, and I can't spend my entire night downloading, transferring and installing

EDIT: Tried installing openssl >= 1.0.0, ran into problems with all programs affected by it, even pacman wouldn't start.
I tried updating the pacman and openssl at the same time, but xz_utils was conflicted by xz 5.0.0.

I did however manage to establish a connection with the USB modem, but there was no use; I couldn't start links nor pacman.

Last edited by normal2 (2011-01-19 21:10:49)

Implode.

Board footer