You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-20 13:15:39

delmania

Bluetooth issues on a dual Arch/Win7 system.

As the title indicates, I am experiencing issues when using Bluetooth within a dual boot environment.  I boot into Arch, connect my mouse, and everything works fine. When I boot into Windows, I receive and error from the OS telling me that one of the USB devices has malfunctioned, and so Windows has turned it off. However, when I try to connect my mouse to Windows, the OS doesn't see it.   I used to be able to correct it by turning off the bluetooth daemon, executing "hidd --kill", restarting the daemone and then reconnecting the mouse, but those steps no longer work.  Does anyone have an advice of insight on what the issue could be?  Thank you.

#2 2011-01-20 14:36:23

panosk

Re: Bluetooth issues on a dual Arch/Win7 system.

Your description is a little confusing. You say that you could correct the problem (in Windows??) by killing and restarting the daemon in Arch...
It may be possible that your bluetooth adapter is controlled in hardware level by your OSes. Check your BIOS settings and if you see that bluetooth is enabled, install rfkill in Arch and try to control the adapter with it.

#3 2011-01-20 14:42:53

delmania

My apologies for the confusion, I meant that if I turned off Bluetooth, executed the killall on hidd, restarted bluetooth while in Arch and then rebooted into Windows, the latter OS would recognize the bluetooth controller.  I will look into the BIOS this evening, thank you very much!

#4 2011-01-21 01:42:17

cgarcia

delmania wrote:

My apologies for the confusion, I meant that if I turned off Bluetooth, executed the killall on hidd, restarted bluetooth while in Arch and then rebooted into Windows, the latter OS would recognize the bluetooth controller.  I will look into the BIOS this evening, thank you very much!

You should not need to run hidd to connect your bluetooth mouse, this is not the way. There are a lot of misconceptions about bluetooth mouses; in many cases the problem lays simply in a permissions problem, and bluez implementation also doesn't helps:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bl … figuration

However, if you had a valid working setup, your current problem could be a hardware-related one. In my case, the USB in the monitor sometimes stops working after entering in Windows. Once I boot into Linux, I need to cycle power down / up the monitor in order to Linux properly detect the hardware (as if Windows were hanging the monitor).

Board footer