You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-20 16:57:08

brbornia

Issues with intel graphics

Hello everybody.

I recently installed arch on my new laptop (lenovo z460, core i3, intel graphics), and I'm facing issues with graphics: every time I execute some 3D application the X is crashing.
I use kde4 as window manager, but did a test on gnome and faced the same issue there, so it does not look like a WM issue.
The applications I tested so far are the video players using gl as video output and games like openarena. Video players using xv as video output with composite disabled runs well.

Searching on the forum, I saw an old post with an issue similar to mine, saying that this is an issue introduced in ligbl 7.4.2, but I cannot even downgrade to this version since I cannot find it anymore.

One more information that may help, I did a try with arch 32 and 64 and faced issues on both, but I also tried on kubuntu 10.04 LTS and this issue does not happen there. Unfortunately I am not that experient to understand the differences and find a solution sad

Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this issue? I really don't wanna use kubuntu...

Thanks

#2 2011-01-21 08:35:20

MadTux

Re: Issues with intel graphics

Kubuntu likely has older versions of Xorg and the intel driver. If you look into /var/log/Xorg.0.log on both Arch and Kubuntu, it should be possible to find out which version works and which don't. You can then see if you can find the working version in the repositories.

Board footer