You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-22 05:13:51

RiceKills

HP Pavilion dv6-3210us

Im thinking of buying a HP Pavilion dv6-3210us and I was wondering if I would run into any compatibility issues when running linux.
Does anybody have one and can tell me if they have any problems?

#2 2011-01-22 07:05:15

ViruSzZ
Website

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-3210us

You should not have any issues with this lappy except I think your 'Fn' and your multimedia keys will be dead, because I have HP Pavilion G62 ( http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu … ct=4201183 ) and got those issues with the keys (i think the keyboard is the same, not sure about the bios ver) and did manage to workaround that by assigning the WIN + combination instead using the FN key. As for the left oriented multimedia keys, none of them worked for me.

I have read somewhere regarding this issue on Linux and it is connected with the BIOS which HP is not planning to release a new version to fix this, while everything is supported for WINdo`uS (that sucks for real). (there is a new version of BIOS version F.35 A on their main site which broke my LEDs and was supposed to fix the dead keyboard keys.)

Respect, out.

Their Momma Made Em, Their Momma Gave em & now she can`t even SAVE`em | My WebLog

Board footer