You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-22 21:12:03

louis058

New Thunar doesn't work with Launchy, Chromium

After installing the new XFCE 4.8, the new Thunar now doesn't work with Launchy, or Chromium. I haven't tried any other GUI programs that launch the file manager (Gnome-Do, Docks etc), but the only way to launchy Thunar now is via the XFCE Panel, or the desktop (via XFCE programs themselves, in essence).

I've tested this, and opening a normal folder or file with Launchy means nothing happens. I'm guessing that Launchy is using Thunar here to launch the folder/file, and it's not working. For some reason though, I can launch in /usr/bin, which I'm guessing might be because Launchy doesn't use Thunar for that (only guesses though)? Meanwhile, Chromium downloads can't be opened, and the directory that contains the download can't be opened either. When I click the button that launches the download, or opens the directory containing the download, nothing happens.

I have tried reinstalling Launchy and Thunar, to no avail. I haven't tried downgrading Thunar, but that's a process I'd rather not go through.

Last edited by louis058 (2011-01-22 21:22:50)

#2 2011-01-30 14:45:18

Versuchen

Re: New Thunar doesn't work with Launchy, Chromium

Hi!

I don't know Launchy, but Chromium use xdg-open script for figure out which DE (Desktop Environment) is running and then, launch the properly file manager. With the new version of XFCE, this script doesn't detect XFCE and consider a generic DE. There are many solutions, but I just modified the xdg-open script (/usr/bin/xdg-open) and replaced the line:

elif xprop -root _DT_SAVE_MODE 2> /dev/null | grep ' = \"xfce4\"$' >/dev/null 2>&1; then DE=xfce; 

by a more logical line:

elif [ "$DESKTOP_SESSION" = "xfce" ]; then DE=xfce; 

. It isn't the best solution because will be a new update for xdg scripts, I guess.

For Launchy, you can launch it in a terminal and see if say some kind of error, like Chromium did.

Cheers!

Last edited by Versuchen (2011-01-30 16:43:25)

Board footer