You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-27 23:40:47

Ranguvar

Everything segfaulting, glibc-2.13/prelink to blame?

Ran a pacman -Syu today, no updates.  Hm, slightly odd, would've thought there had been some since yesterday.
Ran prelink -amR on a whim as I usually do -- and after, hit glxinfo for something.  Segmentation fault.
Ran ls.  Segmentation fault.
Closed terminal, started it again -- Warning, /bin/bash has crashed.

So something's smelly.  Tried to log in at a terminal, after inputting username and hitting enter the login prompt restarts.
CTRL+ALT+DEL made init state that there were no processes left in this runlevel, I had to power off and on manually.

Upon rebooting, ext4's recovery program segfaulted, something about an error in ld.so.

I just fixed my system (I think) replacing glibc with the stock 2.13 from mirrors via a different distro.

Beware, running prelink -amR on your bleeding-edge [testing] system may also cause your PC to get nuked wink

I'll just leave this here in case anyone else runs into this.  Not sure if prelink reliably causes breakage with current packages, not willing to test.

Last edited by Ranguvar (2011-01-28 00:09:51)

#2 2011-01-28 03:06:48

pogeymanz

Re: Everything segfaulting, glibc-2.13/prelink to blame?

The same thing happened to me and I am not running [testing].

We discussed it here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 97#p884397

We reached the same conclusion as you: just manually overwrite the broken glibc files with stock ones.

Board footer