You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-29 08:48:22

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

log everything at boot up from stdout to a file

I find myself wanted to see pipe the entire bootup process to a log file (i.e. after udev starts, all daemons, startup scripts, etc. that output to stdout).  I am aware of /var/log/dmseg, and daemons.log, kernel.log, etc. but my goal is to record exactly what the user sees during the process.  I have found some older threads where people hint at this or directly ask about it, but none of them show a solution/hint at where to find one.  I'm sure that someone has done this before.  Ideas are welcomed smile

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#2 2011-02-01 02:47:42

lagagnon
Website

Re: log everything at boot up from stdout to a file

You may have already seen this https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Di … t_Messages , but how one can get them to a log I do not know...

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2011-02-01 03:43:26

falconindy
Developer
Website

Attach a serial console. That's the only way you're going to get messages from kernelspace.

#4 2011-02-01 11:39:29

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

@lag - I saw it, but I wanted a log...
@falconindy - thanx for the suggestion.

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

Board footer