You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-31 11:53:35

RkG
Website

Xmobar issues

Hi, I'm using xmobar with some issues, from time to time it hangs up and I need to restart the X session (and all applications runnnig), seems to be aleatory but may be it's related to windows' names, I'm not sure at all... the package it's flagged as out of date since 2010-12-23,  I've tried the AUR package but it also generates an error while compiling...

Please update, thank you very much

UPDATE: I've installed the lattest version of xmobar (0.12) with all extensions using the cabal-install tool, as described here (Readme.md). But the hangup still occurs... sad

UPDATE 2: Here is my .xmobarrc if anybody can help:
[.. removed, irrelevant ..]

UPDATE 3: I've found the problem, I activated the option "show desktop" in nautilus, when I open some applications like f.e. eog nautilus refreshes the xmobar pixels with the wallpaper content, and then the bar isn't showed, until I toggle the option "show desktop" off and on again. Curiously, then if I open again the "offending" application the bar doesn't disappears. Anyhow...

Last edited by RkG (2011-01-31 14:26:40)

"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity." — Jazz composer and bassist, Charles Mingus

Board footer