You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-01 21:00:22

btwthieves

Grooveshark Desktop Errors / New Version?

I've been using the Grooveshark Desktop package from AUR (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38159) for a few months now, but it recently stopped working.

On launch, several windows pop open saying "Error Communicating with Grooveshark", along with another (interesting) popup saying "New Version: A new version is available ...." and that the new version will be installed next time I launch Grooveshark (but it doesn't). The AIR app opens like normal, but won't let me log in (with valid VIP credentials), complaining, again, of a communication error. It's worth noting that I can access the Grooveshark webapp (listen.grooveshark.com) using this same account in Chromium without issue.

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling, checking dependencies, etc. but haven't found anything interesting yet. I've pasted the output of "grooveshark-desktop" below.

Oddly, trying to install the desktop app manually doesn't work either (listen.grooveshark.com --> Settings --> Grooveshark Desktop). The AIR app tries to install inline via the webapp (in lieu of simply linking you to a .air download). Flash player comes back with, "Couldn't write the application to the hard disk. Please verify the hard disk is available and try again."

Environment: Arch x64 with xmonad. GTK2 theme is from my old XFCE install (this appears in the output below)

My theory: Grooveshark may have updated their desktop app to match their newly redesigned website, and broken backwards-compatibility with their old app in the process.

Any help would be much appreciated - I'd JUST finished configuring xmonad to control the GS desktop app with my keyboard's media keys! >_<

adobe-air: Extracting application to directory: /tmp/adobeair.DKPBWLHs5h
adobe-air: Attempting to start application

(adl:25406): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "xfce",

(adl:25406): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "xfce",

warning: unable to bind to property 'id' on class 'com.grooveshark.gslite.view.sidebar::NavigationPane'
warning: unable to bind to property 'name' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'data' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'name' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'data' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'user' on class 'com.grooveshark.gslite.view.content::ObjectPageHeader'
warning: unable to bind to property 'textWidth' on class 'mx.controls::Label'
warning: unable to bind to property 'user' on class 'com.grooveshark.gslite.view.content::ObjectPageHeader'
warning: unable to bind to property 'profileImageUrl' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
warning: unable to bind to property 'fullImageURL' on class 'com.grooveshark.gslite.view.player::PlayerPositionTooltip'
warning: unable to bind to property 'fullImageURL' on class 'com.grooveshark.gslite.view.player::PlayerPositionTooltip'

Sending initiateQueueEx: 5373
queue change new length = 0, state is medQueueEmpty
[Action:Execute] setVolume
[Action:Execute] logHomepageView
Sending logHomepageView: 5422
PROCESSED: <applicationPreferences>
  <mainWindow width="798" height="293" x="801" y="15" displayState="normal"/>
  <collapsedWindow width="800" x="0" y="0" stayOnTop="false"/>
  <optionsWindow x="550" y="200"/>
  <notifications position="3" duration="5" songNotifications="false"/>
  <onClose>close</onClose>
  <onMinimize>minimize</onMinimize>
  <autoLogin>true</autoLogin>
  <enableExternalPlayerControl>true</enableExternalPlayerControl>
  <broadcast/>
</applicationPreferences>
[Action:Execute] initiateUpdatePrompt
Error: Error #2067
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/AIR/crypt//config.xml"
Unable to parse Document: /etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/AIR/crypt//config.xml. 
Unknown desktop manager, only Gnome and KDE are supported
.[Action:Execute] performLogin
Sending authenticateUser: 12586
[Action:Execute] checkForStoredQueue
Sending getQueueSongListFromSongIDs: 12592
[Action:Execute] showNotification
[InitiateQueue] Failed: Communications token expired, and attempt to fetch new one failed. Giving up.
[Login] Errors thrown:

[Action:Execute] performLogout
Sending logoutUser: 12959
warning: unable to bind to property 'profileImageUrl' on class 'Object' (class is not an IEventDispatcher)
[Action:Execute] initiateVIPLogin
[Action:Execute] addObjectToShortcuts
[Action:Execute] setCrossfadeEnabled
[Action:Execute] clearFeedCounter
[Action:Execute] loadPage
Loading Page: [PageParameters] home:0:null:: : 13188
[Action:Execute] logHomepageView
Sending logHomepageView: 13190
[CreateSongsFromIDs] Failed: Communications token expired, and attempt to fetch new one failed. Giving up.
[RestoreQueue] Failed, couldn't create songs
[Action:Execute] showNotification

#2 2011-02-11 21:28:33

YAOMTC

Re: Grooveshark Desktop Errors / New Version?

Yep, looks like they know about it. Sure has taken a while for a fix though!

Board footer