You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-03 22:15:21

interceptor2012

Flashplugin Fullscreen Issue

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue when trying to full screen a flash video.  Sometime the video will work in full screen, but other times, instead of going to full screen, the video goes blank.  I can still hear the audio, but the image is just a black box.  If the full screen does work, when I exit out of it, the video goes blank.  If I can find the place where the full screen button is and click it, the video will resume full screen normally.  No matter what, though, when exiting from full screen, only a black box remains where the video was (sometimes a frozen image of the video will appear instead of a black box).  I have tested this using both Firefox and Chromium, with the same results in both, though Firefox will sometimes allow me to exit and resume full screen a few times before locking up the video.  I am using Gnome and have an Nvidia graphics card, and I am using the Nvidia drivers.  I am using 32 bit Arch with the flashplugin from the repository.  Interestingly enough, this issue does not occur when watching videos on YouTube and on Hulu - everything appears to work as intended.  Some examples of sites where this issue occurs are cracked.com videos and Day[9] Daily videos (http://day9tv.blip.tv/) (FYI - a video will load when going to directly to this site).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know what other information I can provide to help diagnose this issue.

Thanks!

#2 2011-02-03 22:49:28

karol
Archivist

Re: Flashplugin Fullscreen Issue

http://day9tv.blip.tv/ works here - tested in firefox + regular flashplugin from the repos, i686.

#3 2011-02-03 22:57:50

wudu

Hi,

on my system with nvidia-card flashplugin has crashed when switching to fullscreen.
Disabling hardware acceleration for flash solved the problem.
Don't know if that helps for your problem, but here's how to do that:

Right-click on a flash video -> settings -> remove the hook

Last edited by wudu (2011-02-03 22:58:08)

#4 2011-02-03 23:30:39

interceptor2012

wudu wrote:

Hi,

on my system with nvidia-card flashplugin has crashed when switching to fullscreen.
Disabling hardware acceleration for flash solved the problem.
Don't know if that helps for your problem, but here's how to do that:

Right-click on a flash video -> settings -> remove the hook

Right clicking on a video on day9tv.blip.tv did not do anything, so I went to YouTube and disabled hardware acceleration.  YouTube still works, but the Day[9] videos still have the problem.  Perhaps the videos that do not work are using something other than Flash player?  I find it strange that full screen and right-clicking work on some sites but not on others.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

#5 2011-02-08 20:22:26

jerryluc

For me turning off hardware acceleration did the trick. Thanks mate!

Board footer