You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-31 17:12:54

dp
Website

kde: how to create special buttons for kde panels?

if you click right on the kde-panel and go [Add to Panel] and then [Special Button] you can choose from special buttons to add to the panel. they are e.g. terminal-sessions or konqueror profiles.

what i want is to write a special menu like these, that works as a frontend for mpc (for mpd).

i doubt that this menus are hardcoded (i don't want to recompile kde) so i searched for some files that specify these special menus under /opt/kde/ but i didn't found anything for now

does anybody out there know about where this things can be found under /opt/kde?

the commands i want to add to this special menu:

mpc next                           
mpc prev                           
mpc pause                         
mpc toggle
mpc repeat <on|off>          (as ONE button)
mpc random <on|off>       (as ONE button)

the notification i want to do with this:

[damir@Asteraceae ~]$ dcop knotify default notify mpc-status "Music Player Daemon Status" "$(mpc)" '' '' 16 0

i want to keep it as simple as possible (of course you can use pykde to write an app to be the wrapper but this is not the point ... if i am to be forced to write a wrapper then i will cut out the "middle man" (mpc) and would write directly a client for mpd that is a kde panel ... but this is too much work for nothing)

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#2 2005-03-31 19:49:10

topito
Website

Re: kde: how to create special buttons for kde panels?

I have no idea how to do that but the options that appear under "Special buttons" seem to be here, well, not all but at least some of them...

/opt/kde/share/apps/kicker/menuext

#3 2005-03-31 20:25:36

dp
Website

Re: kde: how to create special buttons for kde panels?

topito wrote:

I have no idea how to do that but the options that appear under "Special buttons" seem to be here, well, not all but at least some of them...

/opt/kde/share/apps/kicker/menuext

thank you! i had a look at these files and what i found

X-KDE-Library=kickermenu_prefmenu

i don't really like ... X-KDE-Library? this seems to be compiled and the desktop-file just calls this "kickermenu_prefmenu" and others ... hmmm ...

*going to search for the codes in the cvs tree of kde*

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Board footer