You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-06 00:42:26

smithr.michael1997

Laptop Hangs when Plugged into AC.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forum. It appears to be power related and I am on a laptop so I assume that this would be the proper section. Anyway, my problem is that my laptop hangs randomly. I say that it is power related because, in the three times today that it has done it (the only three times it has), it has appeared to be in the process of performing a power related task (dimming the screen and being plugged into the AC adapter). I've searched online and not found anything. If anyone has had this problem of can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards, Michael Smith

#2 2011-02-06 00:51:05

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Laptop Hangs when Plugged into AC.

Hi,

How does your system manage power?  Are you using the acpid daemon with acpi scripts, are you using KDE and it's integrated power management? Xfce4 and it's power management? Gnome and its solution?

Did you check the system logs for anything interesting ?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2011-02-06 00:54:37

smithr.michael1997

ewaller wrote:

How does your system manage power?  Are you using the acpid daemon with acpi scripts, are you using KDE and it's integrated power management? Xfce4 and it's power management? Gnome and its solution?

I use Gnome as my DM. Acpid isn't listed in rc.conf so... I guess Gnome. I never changed anything in terms of power after installation.

Regards, Michael Smith

#4 2011-02-06 01:14:11

ewaller
Administrator

Gnome -- the only one I cannot speak to.  Sorry.
I would suggest looking at the logs after you reboot and see if there is anything interesting at the moment of the crash.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer