You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-08 13:52:12

caminoix
Website

Chromium save pdf confirmation

Hello,

for some time now Chromium has had the feature that it won't download pdf's before getting my explicit confirmation. While I can see the safety concern behind it, it is extremely annoying if one opens lots of pdf's like I do, and knows that they are from a trustworthy source. I can't find the option in the preferences. Is there any way to stop Chromium from behaving like Vista?

#2 2011-02-08 14:07:54

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: Chromium save pdf confirmation

My best guess is that you would have to remove .pdf from the dangerous extensions list and recompile chromium.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#3 2011-02-08 14:14:59

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

OMG WTF PDF

Last edited by Mr.Elendig (2011-02-08 14:15:35)

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#4 2011-02-08 14:30:59

caminoix
Website

@ROOKIE
Oh my, I never thought about it. Thanks, I'll give it a try. Heh, time to find out if I can compile it.

@Mr.Elendig
Honestly, I didn't watch the whole but I guess I get the gist. But asking for confirmation every time I download a pdf is a weak protection. If I decide to download a pdf, it's because I want to open it and see what's inside. If I have to press "Yes" somewhere on the way, I'll do it just as many times as I have to, It won't stop me from opening it, it'll just get me annoyed, I acknowledge pdf's aren't as harmless as they seem but what can I do about it? I can't stop reading articles only because the author chose to upload them in a format which is standard but can potentially be dangerous. As soon as I learn there exists a better format, I'll upload mine in both pdf and the better thing, and this is pretty much about all I can do.
So, thank you for the warning but I'm afraid I still want the saving confirmation gone.

Board footer