You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-13 07:35:32

richardm198030

Post I created the other day, wasn't so good..

sorry about that forums post the other day, I was just in a bad  mood, nothing was going right that day, now I'm fine today, smile..  I'm using Arch, Root Account, I did everything according to wiiki, still can't get my rick username to mount drives, so I just decided to keep using my Root Account, it's a pain to log out of root, install something, then chown filename rick, then switch back to rick account..  I installed autofs, I couldn't seem to find ck-launch-session, I'm assuming that's wrong..  I put autofs in the Daemons section, it starts up fine, but it stated about something being removed, I checked the file it said it wasn't there, that's kinda odd...  So, everything is going well, that youtube video I learned this all from was really helpful, smile.

#2 2011-02-13 08:21:28

moetunes

Re: Post I created the other day, wasn't so good..

ck-launch-session is a part of consolekit do you have that installed?
Checkout the dbus wiki to make sure you have it starting when you log into the rick account.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

#3 2011-02-13 09:43:48

richardm198030

moetunes wrote:

ck-launch-session is a part of consolekit do you have that installed?
Checkout the dbus wiki to make sure you have it starting when you log into the rick account.

What's the consolekit?  I'm assuming I don't, what's the file name of that consolekit?

#4 2011-02-13 09:58:22

loafer

"pacman -Qi consolekit" will tell you if it's installed.

Last edited by loafer (2011-02-13 09:58:37)

All men have stood for freedom...
For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside down.
Gerrard Winstanley.

#5 2011-02-13 10:07:36

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

richardm198030, your other thread was closed for lack of following the forum etiquette. This thread shows the same problems: again you fail to provide a proper topic title that describes the issue you are experiencing, and you are asking for answers that can be easily found by searching the wiki and the forums.

You will be given a final chance to correct this and show that you are willing and able to do some problem solving yourself, instead of merely asking other people to solve problems for you. Failing to get this thread into shape will cause it to be closed like the other one, and might result in a temporary ban if this behavior proves to be persistent.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

#6 2011-02-13 11:18:24

adee

May I suggest that threads such as this should be simply deleted instead of just being closed? The increasing number of these just makes the forum more and more like a junkyard.

#7 2011-02-13 11:33:41

richardm198030

loafer wrote:

"pacman -Qi consolekit" will tell you if it's installed.

Thanks for the info, smile.

#8 2011-02-13 11:44:11

richardm198030

litemotiv wrote:

richardm198030, your other thread was closed for lack of following the forum etiquette. This thread shows the same problems: again you fail to provide a proper topic title that describes the issue you are experiencing, and you are asking for answers that can be easily found by searching the wiki and the forums.

You will be given a final chance to correct this and show that you are willing and able to do some problem solving yourself, instead of merely asking other people to solve problems for you. Failing to get this thread into shape will cause it to be closed like the other one, and might result in a temporary ban if this behavior proves to be persistent.

How can I ask a question, if I don't know how to??  I came to this system from Ubuntu, that system does it all for you, I figured jumping up some, to another OS, I guess this was a bad idea..

#9 2011-02-13 11:46:54

Allan
Pacman
Website

For starters, use an informative subject line that has some information about your problem.

#10 2011-02-13 11:47:43

tomk
Forum Fellow

You have been advised to read the Forum Etiquette - that is where you find out how to ask a question. Clearly, you don't feel the need to do that, resulting in the kind of moderator intervention you are now experiencing.

If you want to continue using this forum, follow the guidelines. It's that simple.

Closed.

Board footer