You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-02 15:41:46

dave.roberts

Passwordless KWallet

When using KDE, if I access a remote directory through sftp for the first time, kwallet asks for a password to the opened, then I am prompted for the username and password to the SSH server.  The username and password to the SSH server are automatically filled in for me through the "save password" functionality.  What is annoying, however, is every time I access or modify a remote document, I am prompted for the SSH username and password again!  This gets very frustrating and I would like to know if there's a feature that allows KDE to auto-login.

I have set up my public ssh key on the server so that when I log into the ssh server from the command line I do not need to enter a password, but KDE simply seems to ignore this and continues prompting for the password!

#2 2005-04-05 05:51:23

dave.roberts

Re: Passwordless KWallet

bump

#3 2005-04-05 09:16:27

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

dave.roberts, just to let you know, bumping is generally frowned upon in this forum.
If people have not answered, they maybe they don't know. The fact that there have been 43 views of this post should tell you that it has not been overlooked.

You might try adding more information about your issue, system setup, or other such things. If you want quicker results, then you might try IRC (#archlinux on freenode), or the mailing list.

That being said, you may consider using keys instead of passwords, so you will not be continually prompted. There is good information on the ArchLinux Wiki.
http://wiki2.archlinux.org/index.php/using%20SSH-keys

This was found with a quick google search.
http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Passwo … ogins.html

Good luck.  8)

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2005-04-07 04:18:54

dave.roberts

I believe I have keychains set up properly.  If I use the command line to ssh into the remote server, as either a user or root, I can gain access without entering a password.  This convenience is not carried over to KWallet.  KWallet still asks for a password each time I access a file, as if the keychain doesn't exist!

Board footer