You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-18 22:56:48

Hilariousity

Changing Brightness on Toshiba A105-2061

I fairly recently bought a used Toshiba Satellite A105-2061 and the battery life is absolute crap. The processor doesn't support acpi-cpufreq or speedstep so I am left using p4-clockmod which doesn't adjust the frequency of the processor but merely throttles how much I can use. I have also failed to find a way to adjust the brightness of the monitor.

The article on ACPI states that I will find controls for the brightness in the directory /proc/acpi/video/VID/LCD/brightness but nothing below /proc/acpi exists. I have also tried /sys/class/backlight and there is nothing in that directory either. I should also mention I load the video acpi module at boot and it hasn't helped anything and toshiba_acpi doesn't even exist.

Is there any way to change the settings for the backlight on my laptop without using the xset command or involving x commands? I don't even startx at boot.

#2 2011-02-19 15:52:04

lagagnon
Website

Re: Changing Brightness on Toshiba A105-2061

Did you try "xbacklight"?

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer