You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-22 08:37:38

nemesis2all

SSD reboot with no warning message trying to load arch

My problem is as follows. After a new arch install when I boot my computer if I have quick boot enabled in the bios my computer gets to loading os and reboots. No error message, no grub screen.

My relevant hardware.

Motherboard: Gigabyte p55m-ud4 firmware version f11
SSD Crucial Real SSD 64GB firmware version 0006

I do not have this issue with other distros not based on Arch. I have tried Mint 10, LMDE, and Ubuntu LTS. In my quest to figure out was going wrong I have tried many different things. I was able to chroot and install grub2. With grub2 I could get a grub2 menu, but I did not know how to properly configure grub2 to make the system boot. I have used chroot to completely upgrade my system and the problem persists. I have also tried archbang with the same result. If I unplug my ssd and just install to one of my hdd's quick boot will work with arch. I have also tried using grub and boot on other hdd's but if my ssd is connected quickboot will cause reboot when loading os. I haven't tried any of the test iso's only the iso from 10/05 and archbang which uses a newer kernel version 2.6.37 so I do not believe it is a kernel issue. The problem persists with either 32 or 64 bit installs. My motherboard does not use efi.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited by nemesis2all (2011-02-24 05:26:12)

#2 2011-02-28 22:45:56

nemesis2all

Re: SSD reboot with no warning message trying to load arch

Well quick boot works with my ssd using grub2. Should a bug report be filed?

Board footer