You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-04 17:39:28

Cheikh

OpenOffice installation scripts hell.

I am using archlinux 07 I installed openoffice 1.1.4 without problem; however,  I can use it only as root if I log in to my normal user name the installion script of openoffice bugs me like hell trying to install openoffice which is already install and the problem is when I unsinstall it and installing openoffice under my name when I go to root I encounter the same problem there is like 10 installion script that pops up.  Also I installed eclipse, but I dont see any link to it using KDE 3.4, but when I go to a root terminal and type eclipse + Enter it will pop up.
1.     How can I use openoffice under my user name without having the installion scripts to pop up?
2.     How  can I use eclipse under my user name?

Thanks in advance

Cheikh

#2 2005-04-04 18:10:27

Kern

Re: OpenOffice installation scripts hell.

did you use pacman to install Oo or grab its own package ?

i recall having probs a long time back in Fedora, with Oo, something about running an install script, rather than just installing the program as a normal package.

Installing via pacman gave me no problems whatsoever. Theres the statutory signup/agree to terms and conditions page, but once that was done, all works ok.

be careful once you install and get the signup screen, that you scroll to the bottom, and agree to terms, and that you dont lose "focus", behind a window, and end up with multiple sign up boxes.
...havent used Eclipse, so sorry , no info on that one.

#3 2005-04-04 21:49:08

Cheikh

I did use pacman to install OpenOffice and I followed the instructions found I think after the base install; it ask you to go to a website for instructions which I did. The agreement box you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to make it active I did notice that.

#4 2005-04-05 07:07:52

cs25x

I simply insstalled the pkg for 3.0.1-1 and away it goes. I use xfce so I add /opt/eclipse/eclipse in a launcher.
On the other hand, I have not installd ooooo for a long time, but whenever I did, I used to make certain that I used a network install with a -net flag or parameter or something.

--(*(cs25x--));

#5 2005-04-05 21:07:22

fetreney2000

remove openoffice from your system (pacman -Rcns)
go to your normal user home directory
delete OpenOffice.org1.1.4 directory and .sversionrc file
install openoffice (pacman -S) (don't launch openoffice yet)
login as normal user
launch and configure openoffice

hope that help big_smile

#6 2005-04-06 07:17:35

tpowa
Developer

have installed the oooqs package?
please deinstall that and try again, i'll look for an solution for that

Board footer