You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Topic closed
Since I upgraded to the newest Chrome browser version, every file I download and open is opened using firefox (namaroka). In firefox, I then get a dialog on whether to save the file or open it; if I open it it just opens with the default program for that file (e.g., .torrents with transmission, mp3s with audacious). Even mailto:-links, which should just open gmail, are opened with firefox that actually does just open gmail .. So apparently the file associations are there, only chrome does not know how to use them? Are there other people with this problem? Do you have an idea on how to solve it?
I use xfce btw.
Offline
This is a well-known issue, should be able to find solution by searching this forum...or google.
I forget how to fix it but it has to do with mimetypes and chrome not paying any attention to the systems mime-type definitions...
Offline
That is a problem with xdg-utils [1] and not with chrome/chromium.
R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K
Offline
Any idea on how to fix it without re-installing xdg-utils?
EDIT: Installing the perl-file-mimeinfo package made everything work without any further configuration.
Last edited by buckiller (2011-03-30 17:35:33)
Offline
Tx! Had still the same issue, using perl-file-mimeinfo helped
Offline
I'm glad this solution still works, but please do not necrobump.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping.22
Closing.
Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD
Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.
Offline
Pages: 1
Topic closed