You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-03 17:12:05

dcbdbis

[SOLVED]Google Earth and LSB

Good Morning Fellow Archers,

I've got an up to date x64 Arch install. I wanted to install Google-Earth from the AUR but was not able. I tried both packages, and both of them are failing looking for LSB-3. The current LSB in the repository is rev 4.

I followed one thread where I manually created a link for a lsb-3 install, and both google-earth packages still fail.

I do have the multi-libs enabled as I have one app that uses wine32 and it's happy. And the NVidia lib32 stuff is all there too.

I have X-Plane 9, which is a 32 bit app only, and it runs fine so I know the x32libs are all in place and working.

I think the long-term solve is for the google-earth AUR maintainers to square away their builds for lsb-4....but I'm not an expert in package builds or I'd jump in and help.....but reality is that I am not an expert.

In the meantime....how do I make this work without pounding a 'square' peg into a 'round' hole?

Assistance will be sincerely appreciated!

Dave

PS: Yes...I did try to follow the wiki article too.....

Last edited by dcbdbis (2011-03-03 19:21:36)

#2 2011-03-03 18:15:51

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Re: [SOLVED]Google Earth and LSB

Do not try to install it by hand. Just bump the version in the aur package, and install ld-lsb from aur too. (It is a dep in the PKGBUILD)

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#3 2011-03-03 19:23:36

dcbdbis

Re: [SOLVED]Google Earth and LSB

Thank you for the response. I have it installed and it works perfectly. THANK YOU.

The solve was simple. I was brain-locked on the lsb in the arch repository, and was not taking note of that I needed the lsb from the AUR.

This was totally my error.

Again, thank you for the response.

Dave............

Board footer