You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-04 15:00:02

jollysnowman

NSPlugin related crashes in my WebKit browsers

Hi all,

I recently installed many Qt applications to sort of KDE-ify my Openbox desktop, and stumbled upon this problem that I think only occurs in browsers that use WebKit (i.e., not Firefox or Opera). I've seen it so far with Konqueror, Rekonq, and Arora. They seem to crash on pages with Flash content, and I think only when I have multiple tabs open. The window will freeze, stop responding to any input, and after about 15 seconds, a dialog will pop up telling me that the browser process has stopped responding and asking if I wish to kill it. When I run Konqueror/Rekonq/Arora from a terminal I always see this line before the crash:

*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** WARNING: unhandled variable 18 (<unknown variable>) in NPN_GetValue()

I followed the instruction here (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … _Konqueror), but I also notice that ~/.mozilla/plugins doesn't exist.

Here is the flash version I have installed (64-bit kernel):

$ pacman -Ss flash | grep installed
multilib/flashplugin 10.2.152.27-1 [installed]

I searched the forums for "qt webkit" and "nsplugin crash" but couldn't find any similar threads, so I'm unsure if this is common or the result of something I did incorrectly.

Any help?

Thanks.

Board footer