You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-10 02:41:18

coeurdechene

The dark mod won't start/question about rebuilding an AUR package.

Hi...just migrated from Debian so i would be forced to learn some new things (and to tweak my system to meet my needs:P), and till now everything has worked flawlessly..today i encountered my first opportunity.
Just installed The Dark Mod and it won't start.
I got this error:

dlopen '/home/case/.doom3/darkmod/gamex86.so' failed: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Surfed the forums and the solutions were to rebuild the package (wich i still have to learn) or make a symlink (wich was not recomended)...the solutions were appointed in similar cases, with the same error but to other software.
I'm using libjpeg-turbo 1.1.0-1 and Doom3 runs like a charm...The mod won't...so i'm a litle confused.
The PKGBUILD of the mod does not mention this particular library since the only dependance that is written in the PKGBUILD is Doom 3...
So what i'm asking is how do i build it again to make it work with my libjpeg library?wich file do i have to modify?
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

#2 2011-03-10 03:34:01

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: The dark mod won't start/question about rebuilding an AUR package.

How did you install it in the first place?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-03-10 03:41:39

coeurdechene

From AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31788. i intalled it with that PKGBUILD...at first i thought that with a slight modification of it i could make the mod work..but the PKGBUILD does not refer to that particular library.
(...Doom3's engine also comes from the AUR)
Sorry..i mentioned AUR in the title and then forgot to write the mod came from there...
What is bothering me is that Doom3 runs with my lib and TDM won't, it tries to open  libjpeg.so.62 wich is an old library.

Last edited by coeurdechene (2011-03-10 03:43:39)

#4 2011-03-10 04:58:51

mcmillan

Looks like the AUR package downloads a binary, so you can't recompile for the new version. If that's the case you need to install the old libjpeg6 library which is in the AUR as well.

If that's the only way to get it to run you should let the package maintainer know so they can add the dependency.

#5 2011-03-10 07:47:37

Awebb

Did you at last try to symlink? The only thing that could happen is that the game won't work.

#6 2011-03-10 08:11:24

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Awebb wrote:

Did you at last try to symlink? The only thing that could happen is that the game won't work.

Or he could forget about the symlink and it could create hard-to-track future errors.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#7 2011-03-10 10:53:05

coeurdechene

"And it could create hard-to-track future errors."
That's what i'm affraid of..it's the reason a devellopper gave in another thread to not do the symlink hack.

Ok...now i see the project is closed source...i'll just have to update it to see if they are using the library i use..no?

Thank you all for the speedy answers.

Board footer