You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-10 08:48:49

alwaysanoob

[solved] deadbeef do not allow other apps use the audio device?

hi all

I have this problem:
if I start deadbeef before vlc, then vlc has no audio during playback
if I start vlc before deadbeef, then deadbeef does not start playback
both application work well without the other running, does anyone can advise me??

Last edited by alwaysanoob (2011-03-10 15:29:31)

#2 2011-03-10 09:17:25

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [solved] deadbeef do not allow other apps use the audio device?

Sound system used? Without such details noone can help you (nor should they bother).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-03-10 10:00:37

alwaysanoob

sorry,
I use alsa sound system,
and the sound card is:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

#4 2011-03-10 10:03:10

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

dmix is supposed to be enabled by default, you can try enabling it explicitly in your .asoundrc. Alternatively, one or the other of the apps may be using OSS-emulation (in which case you should fix that app), which grabs the whole soundcard in any case.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2011-03-10 10:59:48

alwaysanoob

ok now it works for deadbeef and vlc, i have set:
deadbeef: sound preferences: output plugin, alsa output plugin; output device, default
vlc: audio settings: output module, alsa audio output; device, default
this is the only setting that work I have found, the alsa output plugin was already used by both application, i should use default device for both in order to ear sounds from both togheter

but now the problem remains between deadbeef/vlc and skype:
skype uses the pulse audio server for sound devices and it is the only output plugin, so the problem remain with fucking skype 2.1 beta, any idea about? i have no file .asoundrc in home directory?

#6 2011-03-10 11:18:36

alwaysanoob

ok, i have unistalled pulseaudio package and restart the machine: now all work together.

thank for your patience ngoonee, bye

#7 2011-03-10 13:36:35

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Please mark [solved]. Also, you did not mention you were using pulseaudio when I specifically asked. Kinda a big thing to not mention, don't you think?

Board footer