You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-07 13:11:15

polarrr

Firefox, less responsive than before [fixed]

Hello everyone! I am experiencing a slight annoyance here with firefox. The annoyance I speak of is...well, when I click on the close button, it takes a second or two to close the app. It used to close instantly before. I am not sure if it started with updates of some sort since I ran pacman -Syu almost everyday. It's not a huge deal, but annoying nonetheless. I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing or it's just me? Or if anyone knows a work around. I'm using fluxbox-devel by the way. For the reference, other apps close instantly. I haven't really updated any extensions recently, so I don't think that's the problem. Only thing that's been changing is just bookmarks, so. Anyway let me know if you guys know anything about it. Thank you  big_smile

#2 2005-04-07 14:43:34

timmy
Website

Re: Firefox, less responsive than before [fixed]

polarrr wrote:

Hello everyone! I am experiencing a slight annoyance here with firefox. The annoyance I speak of is...well, when I click on the close button, it takes a second or two to close the app. It used to close instantly before. I am not sure if it started with updates of some sort since I ran pacman -Syu almost everyday. It's not a huge deal, but annoying nonetheless. I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing or it's just me? Or if anyone knows a work around. I'm using fluxbox-devel by the way. For the reference, other apps close instantly. I haven't really updated any extensions recently, so I don't think that's the problem. Only thing that's been changing is just bookmarks, so. Anyway let me know if you guys know anything about it. Thank you  big_smile

Is this really a topic to post in Arch Discussion?

Know your rights - http://rwxr-xr-x.dk

#3 2005-04-07 16:16:24

Kern

polarrr

ive run firefox, updated the full system and also run a full sysupdate via pacman.  No problems for me closing down firefox. Same as it ever was.

have you tried starting firefox from the commandline/terminal ?

maybe it will throw out some blurb if its taking offense at something.

If you've posted in the wrong forum, im sure some kindhearted Mod / Advisor will prune it, but as your asking if Pacman or an Arch update has rendered it wobbly ......

hth
K

#4 2005-04-07 16:26:46

polarrr

timmy wrote:
polarrr wrote:

Is this really a topic to post in Arch Discussion?

Oh crap  :oops:  I had few Arch forum pages open and I wasn't paying attention when I clicked "new post". Sorry about that.

#5 2005-04-07 22:02:03

polarrr

Sorry about that. Ah I got it fixed by the way. I uninstalled firefox, and installed it again, but it didn't fix it, so I just looked at pacman.log and manually re-installed all packages that were updated since a week ago. Not sure exactly which package(s), but apparently something wasn't settling down right. After re-installing a batch of packages, firefox went back to its normal self again.

lol

#6 2005-04-07 22:20:35

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

hmmm... how very odd... my firefox *still* has issues when libgnome is installed... it's impossible to track down... I just gave up and made sure I never have libgnome installed.... *shrug*

Board footer