You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-17 15:07:30

devadittya
Website

[SOLVED] Vaapi not working, and fullscreen flash doesn't work (i686)

Fullscreen flash never worked for me on x86_64. I recently installed Ubuntu (32 bit) on another partition, installed xvba etc (I am on ATI), and videos work flawlessly. Flash works seamlessly as well (even in fullscreen).
I thought flash was an issue with 64 bit Arch, so I removed my old Arch installation, and installed the i686 version. However,my problems seem to have grown:

(1) I can't get flash to work in full screen at all (I am on chromium). I can get to fullscreen, however, I cannot get back. On pressing "enter", X hangs, and the only way out is to kill X. Surprisingly, it works beautifully in Ubuntu. Thus, I am guessing that I am missing some package/codec somewhere.
(2) 720p/mkv videos are too choppy. I have installed all codecs listed on the codec page, I have installed xvba, libva, mplayer-vaapi, and I am running the latest catalyst. However, these videos don't work on smplayer, or VLC (with or without gpu acceleration enabled!)

Since all these work on Ubuntu, I am guessing that it is a configuration issue. Any help would be appreciated smile

Last edited by devadittya (2011-03-18 13:11:11)

#2 2011-03-18 13:10:56

devadittya
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Vaapi not working, and fullscreen flash doesn't work (i686)

Solved. The issue was with KWin, as described in the ATI bar grill thread. Everything works under compiz smile

Board footer