You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-21 10:57:54

fephisto

pyqt4 mnemosyne/anki issues

Hey all, I am an offline Arch-user, with my only access to packages via a Windows computer in a lab, so a lot of the packages on my system may still be pretty old. I was pacman-ing gdb, and in the process saw the recent python-release, and started slowly going through and trying to resolve dependency issues and what-not.  I now only have one left, which was originally with mnemosyne.  However, following the hint from https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=106379 and http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=13628 I decided to try out anki instead.  However, both don't work.

When I try out mnemosyne I get the following error:

File "/usr/bin/mnemosyne", line 4, in <module>
import pkg_resources
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

When I try out anki I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/anki", line 20, in <module>
import ankiqt
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ankiqt/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
for PyQt4.QtCore import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so: undefined symbol: _ZN13QElapsedTimer11isMonotonicEv

So, naturally, there's some issue in some python package I updated, but I would kind of like to know which one it is.  Is it the python/python2 package itself?  Or the Py/py2 qt or I believe I read in another thread it was sip?  How can I know which package has the error so I know to try downgrading that package?  I kind of don't want to go through offline one-by-one downgrading hell and would like to save myself some trouble on that end.  Also, I spent quite a bit of time resolving the other dependecy mismatches throughout the weekend (for example, I had to uninstall everything down to vim and reinstall that so I could reinstall the latest python set), so I'm fairly worried that downgrading will give me another fairly large set of problems...

Either way, any help appreciated, thanks.

#2 2011-03-24 12:34:11

fephisto

Re: pyqt4 mnemosyne/anki issues

O.k., I think I was able to figure something out.  Well, at least something that doesn't work:

The anki package needs as a dependency python2-sip.  When I try to run it, there's no pyqt4.  If I try to pacman on pyqt4, I need to install pyqt and sip.  But then sip conflicts with python2-sip.  If I just go ahea and -f the package through, it whines and more things break.

Board footer