You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-22 23:56:06

Olson

XMonad: Adding a Command to Util.Run

I feel like I lack some basic understanding of how XMonad functions and would appreciate some help.

So in xmonad.hs modules are imported to perform different functions, and non-default settings can be applied under the 'main= do' section. What I would like to do is launch dmenu_run with custom options, rather than the default; specifically:

dmenu_run -p > -nb black -nf gray -sb black -sf white

dmenu is controlled by the module 'XMonad.Util.Run'. The default keybind to launch dmenu_run in XMonad is MOD+p, so I assume that information is stored somewhere and could be changed by adding a line in xmonad.hs. Is that right? Where is that default keybind actually stored, in the settings of the Util.Run module? I just migrated from Openbox, so actually adding a new line into xmonad.hs to perform this change is a little over my head, and I could use some help doing it.

Last edited by Olson (2011-03-22 23:56:52)

who needs a de?
last.fm

#2 2011-03-23 02:36:25

listdata
Website

Re: XMonad: Adding a Command to Util.Run

Could you post the relevant sections in your xmonad.hs (or even better, the entire file) along with what you want to do (even in pseudocode directly injected into your config)? I too use Xmonad but I don't use dmenu and I'm a little lost from your description.

Oh, and XMonad.Util.Run is a command spawning helper module; it has nothing to do with dmenu. So your question about a "default keybind" being stored in the Util.Run module makes no sense.

Board footer