You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-26 10:52:27

myrlin

Firefox 4 Display Problem

I am having problems with screen corruption since the upgrade to FF4.

Afer a pop-up information box appears (e.g when I hover over a bookmark link), and I move away from it, it leaves a blank space where the box was. The screen is not refresshed until I move the mouse over the area again.

Similar problems accour elsewhere, where button do not have any labels in them until I pass the mouse over them (e.g. the "Submit" and "Preview" buttons on this page), and the contents of boxes on forms disappear when I move the mouse off to do another task (e.g. this box containing the text of my post disappears when i move the mouse over to the slider, then re-appears when I move it back. Other mouse movements create balnk boxes, ansd partially clear text all over the place. There does not seem to be a similar problem in any other applications.

I am using KDEMod3Rebuild as my desktop, and my PC has on-board Intel graphics.

I would be grateful for any advice on whether I can rectify this, before I downgrade to FF3 again!

#2 2011-03-26 11:43:09

Spider.007

Re: Firefox 4 Display Problem

Is there anything special in your Xorg.0.log? Also, more info regarding your graphics hardware, configuration and used drivers would be useful!

#3 2011-03-26 12:26:51

swanson

I'd suspect your current firefox, or desktop theme. Try to change those first, it's the easy approach to rule them out. My Firefox has always been quirky with the desktop themes, or the other way around.

#4 2011-03-26 13:50:38

myrlin

I can't see anything unusual in my xorg.0.log file - but I am no expert! There are certainly no error flags there.

Spider.007 - please excuse my ignorance, but I would be grateful if you could tell me exactly what information would be useful, and how to get it. I will then post it.

In the meantime, I will tinker with the themes some more, although so far I have had no success.

Thank you for your help.

UPDATE: I have had a number of problems with various webites, so I have decided that Firefox 4 is just not mature enough yet for my "production" machine. I have now downgraded back to ff3.

Many thanks again for all those who have tried to help me.

Last edited by myrlin (2011-03-26 18:31:18)

#5 2011-03-27 19:26:53

k_ibou

Hi I'm having troubles with firefox 4, first when I run it in konsole it show me a libvlc error so I reinstall vlc and vlc-plugin. With that everything was good until I close it and start it again.

I decided to remove it, reboot and reinstall. Now it show me this:

No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Error: cannot open display: :0

what could be the problem?

#6 2011-04-03 12:22:16

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

k_ibou, please open a new thread for your specific problem.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Board footer