You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-28 02:39:28

ralvez
Website

Bluetooth headset pulseaudio and Skype

I have a couple of bluetooth headsets and decided to use one for my laptop when using Skype.
After reading in the forums and the wiki it seems clear that Skype and ALSA do not get along very well, so I decide to install pulseaudio, pulseaudio-kde and pluseaudio-alsa.
Everything seemed like a success the first time around. I used Skye and was OK.

After reboot yikes things were very different. I can have audio in the bluetooth but hell will freeze over before the darn thing uses the bluetooth microphone. hmm

If I open PulseAudio volume control it shows that the mic is working fine but when I use Skype it does not.

I decided to use Phonon, as suggested in one of the sections of the wiki, to set the preferred devices and something is clearly wrong there.
When  I set the bluetooth device to be the preferred device for Audio Capture --> Communication -->BT Device,  it sets it OK but if I go back (say I close and re-open Phonon) the default is again Internal Audio Analog  Stereo. I think that this inability to make this setting stay is the cause and root of all the problems but .... after two days of fooling around I cannot figure it out.
If someone has faced this problem, AND solved it I'd love to hear how you did it.

If someone has any ideas as to how solve the problem I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks guys!!

R.

Last edited by ralvez (2011-03-29 00:13:54)

#2 2011-03-30 00:53:27

ralvez
Website

Re: Bluetooth headset pulseaudio and Skype

No takers on this one ... sad
Well ... does anyone know how to edit Phonon "by hand" ?
Or in other words, what config files to tackle to edit it. I think that If I can make my changes stick I may have a chance to solve the problem.

Thanks.

R.

#3 2011-03-30 20:28:28

ralvez
Website

Re: Bluetooth headset pulseaudio and Skype

Never mind ... I figured how to edit it.

R.

Board footer